On November 25th at home, the Explorers clipped the Wildcats, 77-74, in overtime.
Ramon Galloway led all scoring for the Explorers with 26 points on 40% shooting in 41 minutes, including 12 from three-point range. Steve Zack helped the cause by topping everyone with 14 rebounds.
A few key stats coming into the game: Last season, La Salle lost 76-69. In the last four years of the series, the Explorers are 1-4, with a record of 1-2 at Tom Gola Arena. Since 1980, the La Salle record against Villanova is 11-19.
La Salle owed some of its success to statistical advantages in three pointers and turnover margin.
La Salle launched threes and took away 27 points, surpassing the 12 from Villanova. Turnovers made a difference with 18 giveaways for the Wildcats.
The Explorers have moved up to 3-1.
Up next the Explorers face Rider on the road on November 29th.
- Steve Zack recorded the 1st double digit rebound game of his career.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Tyreek Duren's career.
- Tyreek Duren has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Ramon Galloway has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jerrell Wright has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Villanova Game Notes:
- The top two scorers (Mouphtaou Yarou and JayVaughn Pinkston) accounted for 52.7% of the points.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Mouphtaou Yarou's career.
- Mouphtaou Yarou set a career high with 9 field goals made.
- This loss extended the Wildcats losing streak to 3 games.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Ramon Galloway
, Steve Zack